Auditing and Assurance Services
Audit & Assurance
Click the links below to learn more about Audit Services
Our Audit Firm's Auditing and Assurance Services can give you and your stakeholders a reasonable level of assurance
An audit provides a reasonable level of assurance for stockholders, creditors, and private investors.
We’ll review internal controls, test selected transactions, communicate with third parties, and based upon our findings, issue a report on whether the financial statements are fairly stated and free of material misstatements.
What an Audit Does
- Satisfies stakeholders such as employees, customers, suppliers, and pressure groups, as well as the investing community, as to the credibility of published information.
- Facilitates the payment of corporate tax, goods and services tax, and other taxes on-time and accurately, thereby avoiding interest, penalties, and investigations.
- Complies with banking covenants.
- Helps deter and detect material fraud and error.
- Facilitates the purchase and sale of businesses.
What a TPS Thayer Audit Delivers
With TPS Thayer, you get a reasonable level of assurance because we go outside your company to obtain more information. Typically, we’ll communicate in writing with:
- Your Customers: to check outstanding receivable balances
- Your Banks: to confirm cash or debt balances and terms
- Your Vendors: to verify outstanding payable balances
- Your Attorneys: for information on pending or threatened legal action.
We also perform physical inspections by observing your inventory counting methods and by performing test counts. Then, we document and test each operating cycle, including:
- Sales and cash receipts
- Expenses and cash disbursements
Our audit papers include a detailed work program to document the examinations and tests performed and the client’s supporting work papers.